1) Ditching the Internet and chatting to the couple next to me at breakfast in my hostel. The girl worked for KLM and they were flying staff travel so I found out all about that and how it compares to British Airways.
2) Found out that my sister Mel and her family are coming home from Singapore for good. Yay!!!!!
3) Realising that the pleasant piano music I’d been listening to for an hour or so in the hostel lounge was actually being played by a live pianist with a keyboard sitting outside!
4) Good bus journey from Puerto Viejo to San Jose: the bus was comfortable, we were early despite being stuck in traffic loads, I unexpectedly had a nice aussie girl from the hostel as a travel buddy AND I got a decent taxi driver to take me to the hostel who found it no problem and didn’t try to rip me off.
5) Buying a ticket for the tour of the San Jose nationwide theatre. I love theatres and it was so nice to be doing something after a couple of (admittedly enjoyable) weeks of alternating lazing with eating out.
6) Frozen yoghurt on San Jose. Much cheaper than in Panama and they had cheese cake flavour!
7) The fairy lights at my first hostel in Granada and the old school music, the cat and the dog at my second hostel.
8) Falafel sandwich the size of my head at Pita Pita in Granada and the lovely gardens at so many coffee shops here
9) Finding a space on the night tour to the Masaya volcano for tonight, at the first tour office I went to
10) The breeze by the lake in Granada. Its crazy hot here so it was lovely to find some shade!